The TeX Users Group (TUG) is a membership-based not-for-profit organization founded in 1980, for those who are interested in typography and font design, and/or are users of the TeX typesetting system created by Donald Knuth.
Please consider joining TUG (trial memberships are available) to support use and development of TeX and friends. Subscribe to our monthly newsletter (tex-announce) if you like (automatically sent to all members).
If you're new to TeX and are looking for a system to install, or have questions to ask, click here to get started.
- TUG membership forms for 2021 are posted for your joining/renewing pleasure (automatic renewals are underway). For anyone brand-new to TUG, we continue to offer a trial membership with full benefits for $30.
- 2021 is an election year for TUG. Nomination forms for board positions and president are available. Submission deadline: 1 March 2021, 7am US/Pacific.
- New book review: Learning LaTeX, Second Edition, by David F. Griffiths and Desmond J. Higham, reviewed by Boris Veytsman.
- A Japanese woodblock calendar for 2021 has been prepared by long-time TUG member Peter Wilson of Herries Press and is available to all to print and use: a4, letter.
- TUGboat 41:3 has been mailed to current TUG members. The issue is also available online and from the TUG store. In addition, prior TUGboat issue 41:2, the TUG'20 proceedings, is now publicly available. (Also videos.) Submissions for the next issue are appreciated and welcome: the deadline for 42:1 is March 31.
- TeX Live 2020 and MacTeX 2020 and proTeXt for 2020 have been released. They are primarily distributed online through CTAN (TL, MacTeX, proTeXt). The TeX Collection 2020 DVD will be sent to TUG and other user group members; it can also be ordered through the TUG store.
Upcoming events (comprehensive meeting list)
- DANTE meeting, Otto-von-Guericke-Universität, Magdeburg, Germany, March 10-12, 2021.
- GuIT 2020, online, October 31, 2020.
- 14th ConTeXt Meeting, Prague-Sibřina, Czech Republic, Sept. 6-12, 2020.
- TUG 2020 was held online, July 24-26, 2020. The program of all talks is available. Videos of all presentations are posted on the TUG YouTube channel.
- G21C—Grapholinguistics in the 21st Century, via video, June 17-19, 2020. Extended description of conference by Yannis Haralambous: history, topics, relevance to TeX. Registration, keynotes.
- BachoTeX 2019 - TeX old but gold: the durability of typographic TeXnologies; Bachotek, Poland, May 1-5, 2019.
TUG is a not-for-profit organization by, for, and of its members, also representing the interests of TeX users worldwide. If you use any TeX-related programs (TeX, LaTeX, ConTeXt, Metafont, MetaPost, Texinfo, et al.), please consider joining TUG (or another TeX user group). Memberships and donations are tax-deductible in the US.
TUG membership benefits include our journal TUGboat (available both in print and online) and the TeX Collection software: TeX Live, proTeXt, MacTeX, snapshot of CTAN. TUG also runs an annual TeX conference, among other activities.
The Comprehensive TeX Archive Network (CTAN) is the primary repository for TeX-related software on the Internet. CTAN has many thousands of items; its package list, topic cloud, and CTAN search page can help you find what you need.
Latest CTAN updates - AlfaSlabOne - tikz-bbox - stix2-type1 - asmeconf - pxpic - translations - acro - luaotfload - Nunito - marathi - pslatex - OpTeX - fcolumn - stix2-otf - showexpl - tuda-ci - MLModern - libertinus-otf - hyphenex - orientation - hu-berlin-bundle - luavlna - babel-russian - libertinus-fonts - pdfpages - biblatex-software - play-font - hindmadurai - magra - gudea